Match the phrases with their definitions.
group norms group think group cohesiveness
group dynamics group facilitation
- The tendency of the members of a group to yield to the desire for consensus or unanimity at the cost of considering alternative courses of action.
- Unspoken and often unwritten set of informal rules that govern individual behaviours in a group and vary based on the issues important to the group.
- The extent to which the members of a group find staying together to be of mutual interest.
- Interaction of complex intra- and inter-personal forces operating in a group which determine its character, development, and long-term survival.
- A process where an individual who is agreed upon and acceptable to all of a group's members intervenes to assist the group in solving problems and making decisions to improve productivity and efficiency but who has no authority to make decisions.
1. group think
2. group norms
3. group cohesiveness
4. group dynamics
5. group facilitation